Dental anxiety and fear are common problems. Dr. Samuel Yee DDS and our team work hard to help you overcome your fears and anxieties and feel comfortable at our practice. We do everything we can to help allay your fears and provide you with quick, painless treatments. To learn more about how we help you combat dental anxiety and fear at Samuel Yee DDS INC, and to schedule your appointment with our caring dentist in Aliso Viejo, California, please contact us today at 949-831-3111.
Many people have fears about dentistry and dental care. Some of the most common fears we encounter are:
- Fear of embarrassment about the condition of your teeth
- Fear of gagging
- Fear of injections
- Fear of loss of control
- Fear of not becoming numb when injected
- Fear of pain
- Fear of the dentist as a person
- Fear of the drill or handpiece used during treatment
You have these or any other dental anxieties, we encourage you to call our office and talk with our dentist and team. When we know your fears, we can find ways to relieve them and help you feel more comfortable.
Here are a few ideas for relieving fear and anxiety that you can try:
- Bring a portable music player – music is relaxing, and will block out the sound of any fear-producing noises.
- Agree on a signal – this way you can stop our dentist if you are in pain or fearful.
- Throat sprays – this can help control your gag reflex. Our dentist can recommend an effective spray for your use.
- Bring a mirror – a small portable mirror can allow you to see your procedure, and relieve the anxiety caused by not being able to see what is happening.
- Sedation – sedation dentistry can help you relax and feel comfortable during your treatment. Call our office to ask about our sedation procedures.
- Ask about alternative treatment options – advances in technology have made multiple treatment options available, such as microsurgery and laser dentistry. Discuss your options with our dentist to determine which method will be most effective for you.
Remember, our dentist and team are here to help you. Please call us to discuss your fears and anxieties so that we can help you feel more comfortable during your treatment.